New in 2019, the new neoprene triathlon wetsuit SWIFT groups together the technical characteristics of a high quality performance wetsuit and an original classy style.
- SWIFT features the optimal combination of flexibility and buoyancy for an ideal swimming position with a cut and variation of neoprene thicknesses designed to facilitate swimming movements. Particular attention has been paid to movements in the shoulder and torso areas.
- Airdome neroprene on the front torso and hip area guarantees optimal buoyancy and facilitates efficient body roll.
- The lower leg of the wetsuit features 3 cut lines along which you can safely cut the leg to the length that best suit you for swimming and to easily remove the wetsuit after the swim.
The new neoprene suit from Kiwami provides all the comfort, buoyancy and technical features required in a triathlon wetsuit made for competition. Fast both in and out of the water, the SWIFT provides fluidity of movement for fast swimming and transitions.
Discover the Kiwami experience:
15 years making triathlon products to satisfy even the most meticulous triathletes!
- Kiwami chooses to use premium high quality neoprenes that are non-petrol based and which best meet the specific needs of triathlon and open water swimming.
- The cut, the placement of panels and the choice of neoprene types and thicknesses have been tested and approved so that the SWIFT wetsuit provides the absolute best balance of buoyancy and flexibility for swimming fast and comfortably.
LIMESTONE BASED NEOPRENE
Limestone neoprene has a high micro-cell structure. These are independent closed cells (bubbles basically) within the neoprene that are packed together at an extremely high density. Oil-based neoprene has a cell penetration of 60-70%, whereas limestone neoprene has a 94% cell penetration. The limestone neoprene has a lot more air bubbles inside the rubber than other brands (over 30%), and is less dense than oil-based neoprene. Because of this micro-cell structure, limestone neoprene provides several,distinct advantages to the functionality of wetsuits compared to the traditional oil-based neoprene:
The glue used by Kiwami to assemble the neoprene panels is completely chemicals free. This glue is water based and completely solvent free with no harmful chemicals. It replaces solvent based glues in the lamination process.
- 1.5mm neoprene on the shoulders provides optimal flexibility and thermal protection for this all-important area of the body. A neoprene too thick will restrict movement and a neoprene too slim won't provide enough thermal protection to keep the shoulder muscles moving efficiently in cold water : the super flexible 1.5mm neoprene used in the SWIFT is the perfect compromise.
- 5mm neoprene on the quads, lower abdomen, buttocks, and hamstrings provides maximum buoyancy for this crucial area which dictates a swimmer's entire body position and drag coefficent in the water.
- 2mm neoprene at the neck and upper back is strong enough to keep water from entering the wetsuit and supple enough to move and breathe freely.
- 1mm neoprene on the lower arms ensures free elbow movement and facilitates fast transitions.
AIRDOME TECHNOLOGY - STAY AFLOAT!
The chest and hip areas of the SWIFT wetsuit are composed of 4mm Airdome neoprene, which traps air bubbles inside the neoprene, increasing buoyancy and flexibility. Our tests during development convinced us that 4mm is the ideal thickness for this area of the body and this neoprene. Extending the chest panel to cover the hips facilitates body roll at the hip area, a vital movement for reducing drag.
- 3mm neoprene is used over the lower back and front lower legs, aiding buoyancy and lower back support without restricting movement.
Kiwami has integrated ribbed catch panels on the inside forearms of the SWIFT suit.
The ribs, aligned perpendicular to the arm's movement when entering the water, create turbulence under the forearm which forces the forearm down and the elbow upwards, quickly putting the arm into a powerful catch position which is imperative for an effective under water phase of the swimming stroke.
HYDRODYNAMIC LATERAL PANELS
Kiwami has developed a side panel with a specific shape and using an extra flexible neoprene with extra smooth "Shark Scale" prints.
This panel helps facilitate maximum stroke extension and minimizes water friction, enabling the swimmer to move into the catch phase of the stroke more quickly without compromising stroke length.
Shark scale prints have also been used on the shoulders, a part of the body where there is a lot of water turbulence while swimming.
As for Kiwami's latest Spider2 trisuits products, the SWIFT has an adjustable leg length option to allow a better fit for everyone. You can choose from 3 different lengths to safely and easily adapt the lower leg to your own preference. Simply cut along the scissors line printed on the wetsuit, making sure to cut below the back-stitch on the seam.
- Fast transitions
- Optimal fitting
- Keeping bulky timing chips from getting stuck in your wetsuit!
Limestone neoprene is an environmental friendly material. It also has a high micro-cell structure, catching over 30% more air inside the rubber. It also has a lower density. Advantages include a lighter, more impermeable, durable and stretchy wetsuit.
KIWAMI SWIFT uses a 100% free of hard chemicals glue. It is aqua based and completely solvent free.
LOW COLLAR CUT
KIWAMI SWIFT’s collar is cut below the laryngeal prominence to ease your breathing while swimming. The collar is made of a laser-cut 2 mm neoprene panel which is not doubled over. That increases comfort and still prevent water penetration.
You’ll notice while inspecting the inside of KIWAMI SWIFT, that particular attention has been brought to all seams. They are glued, sewn and reinforced to maximize the durability of the wetsuit.
REVERSE VELCOR NECK CLOSURE
Unlike most wetsuits, KWIAMI SWIFT’s closing soft Velcro in on the closing flap to prevent neck chaffing.
REVERSE ZIP CLOSURE
The reverse zip closure with maximum strength YKK ® zipper means the wetsuit is closed by pulling the zip downwards. This prevent the suit from being opened while swimming.
As with KIWAMI AQUARUSH Swimskin, the SWIFT wetsuit presents bright colored shoulder panels, increasing the swimmer visibility for spectators and supporters.